Are your physicians contributing to your bottom line?
Are there services where contributions are being made?
Which practitioners are providing a positive margin?
We can help you attribute costs to your physician activities.
Through this process you can determine who and in what service lines physicians are
contributing to your organization’s financial health.
With our experience, your costing project will enjoy:
- Expert guidance throughout the project
- "Best Practice" methodology for all key parts of the costing process
- Optimal design and deployment providing best cost/benefit ratio in terms of effort required to (a) build and (b) maintain the costing system
- Documented process and maintenance steps
- Full set of audit and reconciliation reports
"We have worked with IDEA Consulting Group since the early 1990’s and most recently have worked with
them to help us develop and maintain our cost accounting in McKesson’s Performance Analytics, encompassing
both our Hospital and Physician based services. Their depth of knowledge and innovative thinking has helped
us accurately present our costs. This past year, IDEA helped us design a process to incorporate physician
payroll data to assign costs to provider-level activity specific to services performed by each practitioner on
the Professional Billing side to complete the cost picture alongside hospital/technical costs. Our HPM data
is now used extensively by both the hospital and medical group sides of our System …"
Ann Goldman, Manager, Programmer Analyst
Swedish Medical Group, Seattle WA